Sunday 3 February 2013

Proverbs 21 verse 11 reads “ Many are the plans in a mans heart but it is the Lords purpose that prevails”

When I came across this verse on Nokulunga Tsitsi Booi status on Facebook, I froze and I went deep into thoughts. I tried to avoid it but the verse kept playing in my mind. What kept haunting me is the fact that I already have this whole year planned out and the following year but I do not recall consulting God about these plans. Ofcourse I was going to pray later on in the year, when the plans set into motion but that is not how it is supposed to be. 

I realised that I have always wondered and cried when things did not go my way, I would question and even doubt my faith. My first year at University I did not do well, I passed three subject out of five, I have failed my driver’s license five times already and many more other things. I got frustrated because whenever I have to perform, I set my mind into a task and provide my best efforts.

Only when I came across this verse did everything began to make sense. The problem that we make, is that we do not present our plans to God, we plan, we visualise and we get excited about the outcomes however when things do not turn up the way we desire, only then we approach God to ask him how come/why.

 Praying to God on the day that I am getting tested for my driver’s license is not including God in my plans

Praying to God on the day of the exam is not including God on my plans.

Praying and crying to God when the car is rolling and crashing is not including God on your plans

A pastor that visited our school once told us a story, he said “ I was travelling with a certain pastor and we were coming back from a sermon and on the way, the car crashed and started to roll, people were screaming but he remained still and he was astonished by the other preachers who were praying and crying and begging for their lives” we asked him why was he not panicking because it seemed pretty normal for people to pray and beg for their lives in the moment of an accident, he said “ I did not panick because before I left my house I had prayed and asked God for guidance on the road and on the day ahead” we all kept quite because right then we realised how much little faith we had and how we turn up to God at last moments.
 
From now on, I am making God the centre of every plan I have, no matter how big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment